Starting with Logotag and the 2D shapes it is possible to create 3D solids as:
- moldings with the plant-section function
- sinks and quarries with the plant-2-section function
- coatings and handrails with the shaping function
- shower plates and drips with the tapering function
- columns and similars with the revolution or the concave/convex function
The solids can be modelled through specific functions for:
- rendering materials loaded from image files (textures)
- duplication and rototranslation
- aligning and draping
Taglio 3DJ can import the most common 3D file formats as IGS, STL, OBJ, 3DT (i.e. the Taglio file format), files from 3D scanner, images as JPG, BMP, and Z-Map to reproduce bas-reliefs.
Tools to clean the imperfections contained in files generated with scanners or to build artistic tiles are available as well.