The 3D CAD / CAM for stone working centres with up to 6-axes
Taglio 3DJ is the 3D CAD/CAM suitable for the 3/5 axes stone-working centres and more in general for the stone industry.
Focusing on the user-friendly aspect, it does not need particular IT skills and can been used from all the operators indistinctly.
The system includes a 3D CAD to build simple or complex solids and a couple of modules to read IGS and STL files coming from external software.
The CAM side includes all the functionalities to manage simple 3 axes stone-working centres, more complex 5-axes stone-working centres and CNC lathes.
The software usability allows the users to program a bas-relief in a few steps or a more complex sculpture as well.
Drawing & designing
Starting with Logotag and the 2D shapes it is possible to create 3D solids as:
- moldings with the plant-section function
- sinks and quarries with the plant-2-section function
- coatings and handrails with the shaping function
- shower plates and drips with the tapering function
- columns and similars with the revolution or the concave/convex function
The solids can be modelled through specific functions for:
- rendering materials loaded from image files (textures)
- duplication and rototranslation
- aligning and draping
Taglio 3DJ can import the most common 3D file formats as IGS, STL, OBJ, 3DT (i.e. the Taglio file format), files from 3D scanner, images as JPG, BMP, and Z-Map to reproduce bas-reliefs.
Tools to clean the imperfections contained in files generated with scanners or to build artistic tiles are available as well.
Users can program different processes for:
- roughing with a router bit and parallel or concentric passes
- roughing with a blade tool and parallel passes
- roughing with coring
- roughing with a blade tool around Z
- brushing with a blade tool aroung Z
- 3/5 axes contouring of profiles
- finishing steps on contouring
- finishing with a router bit and concentric passes
- bas-relief finishing
- finishing from top
- 5-axes finishing
The roughing machining can take into account the material removed to optimize the working cycle while the finishing processes can be easily managed with the zone/view tool.
Taglio 3DJ creates a virtual cube to enclose the 3D model to work and to define the 5 standard zones (i.e. right-view, left-view, front-view, back-view, top-view). Users can add new zones from the current point of view.
The database of the tools contain a router bit (flat, bullnose, ballnose, conical), shaped tools, blades, and aggregates.
Taglio 3DJ is available in two versions:
- 3-axes Taglio 3DJ, for 3-axes stone working centres
- 5-axes Taglio 3DJ, for 3, 3+2, 5, 5+lathe axes stone working centres
Is compatible with SHOPWOLVES SOFTWARE for monitoring machines and alarms