The CAM for 3-axis stoneworking centres and / or lathe
Frestag is the CAM suitable for 3-axes stone-working centres and more in general for the stone industry. The non-interpolated lathe machining is supported as well.
Focusing on the user-friendly aspect, it does not need particular IT skills and can been used from all the operators indistinctly. The user interface (UI) acts as a wizard, leading the user during the processing steps and reducing the probability of making errors during the programming phase.
Drawing and designing
Starting with the 2D entities of Logotag it is possible to reproduce:
- sinks, quarries and pockets
- mouldings and handrails
- shower plates and drips
Depending on the piece to reproduce, the users select the entities from the X-Y plane of the drawing (TAG, DWG, DXF) to import for Frestag.
The graphic engine of Frestag is responsible for visualising the processing paths.
Users can program different machining for:
- 3-axes profiles and contouring sections; roughing and polishing steps are available while tool sequences (e.g. 3 diamond tools + 3 polishing tools) allow the user to program the processes in few steps
- quarry with a router bit and parallel or concentric passes
- quarry with a blade tool and parallel passes
- tapering for shower plates and similar
- dripping for kitchen countertops
- concave / convex machining
- non-interpolated lathe
Taking this into account, if a specific part is to be made independently from the CNC machine, the functioning cycles are computed so that the software can be easily interfaced to multiple stone working centres. The post-processor translates all the processes in the proper language of the CNC to use to evaluate the CNC machine capabilities (e.g. automatic tool changer, rotating table, and aggregate head).
The tool database contains router bit (flat, bullnose, conical), shaped tools, blades, and aggregates.
Users can automatically or manually set the vacuums to lock the pieces.