Cutting machine management
MagicTool is a specially designed CAD/CAM solution that optimizes cutting machine programming such as: oxy-cut, plasma, laser, and water jet.
It is the result of over 30 years of Taglio experience in close collaboration with cnc machine manufacturers and users.
MagicTool fully adapts to the technology of each different machine as well as the customer’s programming and management needs.
This system provides a perfect combination of automatic, semi-automatic, and manual nesting, providing great flexibility and excellent performance.
The combination of automatic nesting, along with manual nesting functions like copying, moving, and rotating, proves to be a very powerful tool.
MagicTool automatic nesting optimizes part arrangement on the plate for a maximum utilization of parts and remnants. MagicTool automatically detects remnants in the database and allows users to prioritize their use before using a new sheet.
MagicTool allows tables to be configured according to material/thickness to define separation between parts and lead-in/lead-outs for different types of contours and dependent on material/thickness and cutting quality.
Common cuttings are possible between different parts to limit the pairs of parts with micro-joints and pre-cuts. The system detects any errors in the design and machining in a completely automated way (Logotag).
All MagicTool options are included in a single program. Within the same program environment, the user can: design or import a part, consult the plate database, execute cutting sequences, generate CNC programs, and calculate time and costs.
MagicTool provides specific laser technology tables for each type of machine. There are various levels of cutting qualities that can be created according to the material/thickness to define: power, speed, frequency, gas, piercing, etc. Other features include reduced entry management, personalized and fast piercing, pre-piercing, pierce reduction, flying cut (pierce “on-the-fly”), micro-joints, corner ramping precision, material and time savings with bridge cutting, common line-cutting, chain cutting, and more.
MagicTool provides water jet technology tables for each machine, speed reduction in corners, special piercing (to detail), and multi-head management, all considering the unique characteristics of cutting with water jet technology.
The key benefits include automatic acceleration/deceleration programming, stack cutting capabilities, and an optimal use of consumables through pierce reduction.
MagicTool supports technological elements such as chamfers, loops and bridges. These technological elements can be assigned manually or automatically according to material and thickness. MagicTool also manages different types of heads/torches and handles any changes between them for optimal cutting conditions.
Other important features include:
- Marking with powder, punch, inkjets, drilling, etc.
- Continous cutting
- Chamfers: revolving and triple torches
- Micro-joints to anchor parts to plate
- Bevels to generate bevelled cut (control of triple and rotary torches) / continuous bevel and five-axis cutting
MagicTool goes beyond the typical plasma cutting software increasing manufacturing efficiency and profitability to a higher level through materials optimization and process efficiency. Key benefits include reducing pierces and saving on consumables, chain, bridge, and common-line cutting to improve production speed and material usage, adjusting self-feed rate and power ramping.
MagicTool is designed to connect to external ERPs.
Other features of MagicTool are:
- Teamwork – the system can work autonomously or be installed as a part of a network. By using the floating license option, multiple users access the system.
- Time and True Cost Calculations – MagicTool manages all the technology of the machine and calculates time and cost by piece and by sheet.
- Parametrics Parts Library – The MagicTool has a wide library of parametric parts, available in the Logotag.
- Open Database – The MagicTool database is open and enables the user to access it to find parts, manufacturing orders, plates, etc. by using criteria such as material, thickness, client, date, etc.
- 2D Design – Logotag is a highly efficient 2D CAD module especially created to design 2D plate parts. It includes functions for the automatic detection and correction on unclosed contours, shape recognition, geometry validation, and true-type font support.
- Import/Export Intelligent – MagicTool may be linked to the major CAD systems on the market (DXF, DWG, DSTV, etc.) and may also use graphic files (JPEG, BMP, TIF, GIF, etc.).